Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Friday/Black Beauty

Good Monday. Well some days I wish I lived South of the border, the sales are sooo much better down there. So instead of waiting outside a store for hours, I started working on this hutch. Which has been sitting in my front room for 5 weeks.{thanks for loving my furniture,hubby}
Pretty good looking to start with, some would have kept it the same. {SOME} But not those that have caught the painting bug.....by the way if anyone comes across a vaccination for the furniture painting bug, please let me know. I thought in the mood of Black Friday-why not black? I sanded down the shine and went to work.
She sure is a beauty. Check out those delicate feet and prissy details. I was going to spray the fixtures, but loved the gold look. What do you think?
Here's a good pic of the slight distressing, I tried to not over do it. Finding that balance of the perfect wear can be tough at times.

On another note, remember this decor?

I forgot to take a before, but you get the picture. I bought them for 50 cents.

Love these! Totally new life for the wall decor, they could see another 20 years.

Please remember to check out my previous post. The draw for the Home Depot Gift Card is coming soon, I'd love to have more ideas. Take care.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful buffet! You did a great job on it. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-25.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.