Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

White Hutch...well half a hutch!

What a weekend. My youngest has been sick since Thursday, which makes everything a little harder here. The good news she is eating, the bad news is: the fever and rash just won't "GET LOST"!
Alright, I caved and picked up 2 cans of Annie Sloan Paint.{Insert Sigh} I wanted to paint a hutch, and see how far a can would go.
Let me be the millionth to say "This stuff is all it is cracked up to be". I mean it. I put 2 coats on, and the coverage was fantastic. I wasn't happy with the consistency of the paint, so I added a tablespoon of water to 1/2 cup of paint....Perfecto.
I decided to distress before waxing. Everyone is right, it creates a LOT of dust. Luckily I have central vac, and I sucked up all that dust in a cinch.

I love white, which you wouldn't be able to tell from my previous posts. Believe it or not, I think this is my first white piece!

This is the whole thing. I love the top, but it is quite ginormous. Seriously. Not sure what I'll do with the top now? Any ideas?

{Hi Stella}

So just to recap:
1. No prep...just like everyone says.
2. Easy to apply.
3. Used 1/4 of my can.
4. Distressing + before waxing = Lots of DuSt!
5. I love Miss Mustard Seed Wax.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful makeover! Hope you kid feel better....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine. I hope she feels better soon, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome makeover, Tabatha! I found your project and blog through Coastal Charm link party. Have you thought to get a rugged vintage stencil on top, maybe? :) Cheers, Oana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo... I like that idea. Unfortunately this piece is for someone, but the next one I will try that! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love it and it looks terrific. My friend sent me over to you and I am so glad she did. I am a new follower and blogger. I have a big hutch also and I am not liking the dark wood so this is a terrific idea. I think the top would be great to match the bottom. You can always put pretty colorful dishes in it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, this was a super easy project, the only time comsuming part were the ornate wood appliques on the doors. Other than that, easy peesy!

      Delete
  5. Your hutch turned out wonderful! You gotta love that Annie Sloan. She saves us a lot of work. I'm a new follower and would love for you to link up at Transformed Tuesday. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/04/transformed-tuesday-33-features.html

    Hope you have time to stop by.
    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On it Peggy. Thank you for joining my adventure.

      Delete
  6. Oh so pretty! I just love Chalk Paint...and use it almost exclusively now. This turned out so great! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Project Inspire{d} link party this week! :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure Nancy, I love the work you feature on your site!

      Delete
  7. I have been looking high and low for something like this to use as an entertainment center. This is exactly what I would do with one if I had one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tabatha, the white is awesome on that credenza. It really makes all that beautiful chunky funky detail pop. Beautiful work.
    Visiting you from Miss Mustard Seed.
    -Therese F
    http://FreshIdeaStudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great piece! I like white! Thank you for sharing.UK Cheapest Online Beds Store

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.